Do you think you have a solid understanding of Baby Boomers, and some of their beliefs and outlook on life? Read the following ten statements or quotes and decide whether they were made by or about a Baby Boomer or a Millennial. Put your generational knowledge to the test and take our short quiz. Record your answers and compare them to the correct ones in the drop-down box below.
1. “Creativity is more a way of thinking; it’s more about being open to possibilities. And if you can do that in your life, I think you will be way more successful, way more happy. You can kind of explore some of what is out there for you.”a) Millennial or b) Baby Boomer
2. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.”a) Millennial or b) Baby Boomer
3. “People don’t care about what you say, they care about what you build.”a) Millennial or b) Baby Boomer
4. “I’ve got my eye on a few things to spend my money on but I am really good with money. I don’t spend too much at all.”a) Millennial or b) Baby Boomer
5. “We are going as fast as we can as soon as we can. We’re in a race against time, until we run out of money.”a) Millennial or b) Baby Boomer
6. “There is no ‘i’ in team but there is in win.”a) Millennial or b) Baby Boomer
7. “I saw my future. I pictured it but didn’t quite know how to get there. But I knew that I should never give up.”a) Millennial or b) Baby Boomer
8. 89% trust recommendations from friends and family more than claims made by a brand.a) Millennial or b) Baby Boomer
9. “In my opinion, true success should be measured by how happy you are.”a) Millennial or b) Baby Boomer
10. “You have to be brutally honest with yourself and understand your strengths and weaknesses.”a) Millennial or b) Baby Boomer
Click on the arrow below to expand the answers.
How did you do?
If you got more than two wrong, you may need to rethink some of your perceptions about Baby Boomers. They don’t think or act the same as other generations, so you can’t advertise or message to them the same way as other groups. Coming of Age can guide you and provide the insights you need to tailor your unique message to the Baby Boomer audience. We have the knowledge, experience and resources to help make your next campaign successful, so contact us for a consultation.